Sorry Raegan...I have been a little lazy with the blog! :) I just can't believe it is the middle of June!
Its is June 15th! Cailin wanted to wish her Cousin Josie a
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY!!
Let's see, what have we been up to? At the beginning of the month we got some really bad news. One of Leon's friends in Fairbank lost his battle with cancer. We drove back to Fairbank for the visitation and funeral. It was a very tough couple days. He was only 37, with a wife and 4 children. He had such an impact on the entire town of Fairbank and will be deeply missed. A simple message was shared, "Appreciate the people you love-every day!"
Grandma and Grandpa
Uncle Myles! Cailin showing her Cubs pride!
watching the raindrops on the window!
Three days later it rained in Brookings....which by the way is about all it has done for about two weeks!! Anyway, we looked out our window and found a rainbow! Without getting too preachy, rainbows have played a symbolic part in our lives. It feels like message of reassurance that everything is okay. You can't really seen it too good, but it is a double rainbow.
Ironically, the white sign to the right of the rainbow is a BP gas station sign.? I can hardly watch the news anymore....seems like there is always bad news, endless oil spill, sink holes, flooding. It's probably always been this bad, probably just that I am home and get to see the hours of morning news and the evening news! Don't watch the noon news - cause Days is on -- at least that is a good reprieve! Also think it seems worse because we have Cailin now - hard to to think about what her future news will entail.
On a little bit of a lighter note, this is the bird that Leon has totally pissed off!! He was working on building a nest in our grill - Leon filled all the holes to get in the grill with tin foil. EVERY morning this bird and another one stop by, fluff out their feathers and squawk at me through the window. Glad we are moving, I feel like they are planning something BIG! ;)

Well Cailin's new trick is to tickle my armpit when I try to get her to sleep! It makes my laugh, then her eyes crinkle up and you know she's smiling under her pacifer! too funny!! Shes has been working hard on crawling, she has pretty much master sitting up! She loves playing by her toys. I have learned to keep her basket accessible, it's a lot easier then picking up all the toys and then getting them back out again! I just push them back in and she can pull them out! Its all about streamlining the process!! hee hee!

We are starting to pack.....MOVING ON FRIDAY! Hip Hip Hooray!! We are so lucky that Cailin is a good baby - it helps out a lot!
Well Cailin's new trick is to tickle my armpit when I try to get her to sleep! It makes my laugh, then her eyes crinkle up and you know she's smiling under her pacifer! too funny!! Shes has been working hard on crawling, she has pretty much master sitting up! She loves playing by her toys. I have learned to keep her basket accessible, it's a lot easier then picking up all the toys and then getting them back out again! I just push them back in and she can pull them out! Its all about streamlining the process!! hee hee!
We are starting to pack.....MOVING ON FRIDAY! Hip Hip Hooray!! We are so lucky that Cailin is a good baby - it helps out a lot!
Grandma Donna, Grandpa Dean, Myles, Mitch, Grandma Barb and our family friend Randy are all going to be here this weekend to help with the move! It will be fun to have overnight visitors! We hope to get a lot done!! More to come on the move later!
I have been doing some job hunting, two interviews, but no job offers yet. I have applied for a couple more, so we will see. Just trying to get a feel for it --- its a hard crossroads to get through. I love staying home with Cailin, at the same time I am feeling this need to work and for both of us to get a little more socialization within our own age groups! so to be continued..............
On Sunday we went to Sioux Falls to see my Uncle, Aunt and two Cousins from Minnesota! (my mom;s brother) We met at Granite City with my Aunts kids and their families! Yummy food and so good to see everyone!
OH! I almost forgot! BIG news in the game show world yesterday!! Some guy won $72,075 on the Price is Right!! Wowsers! I totally thought that was blog-worthy!
I need to do another Days update!! They are keeping secrets like crazy! No worries, I know them all!
I see a shower in my immediate future! Then its out on the town! Our appliances should be delivered this afternoon! Hope they will fit!
Hope everyone is doing well.....don't forget we appreciate all of you! Lots of love from Brookings!! XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment