Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Moving!!

MOVING!

Well, I am a little late in updating on our moving. I will try to remember how everything went down! On Thursday, June 17 the angels arrived from Iowa! We were so lucky to have Myles and Mitch come to help us to the heavy lifting!

Here Cailin is sporting Mitch's White Sox hat!! Kinda looking like a boy! :)

Also on Thursday, Donna and Dean came to help us move. We used the patio at the apartment building to grill out and watch basketball. Donna introduced Cailin to GRASS. She sat there for awhile, then kinda freaked out!

We broke the rules....after eating, we went swimming! :)

We finished the paper work on Friday around noon. They were JUST finishing up the house at our 10am walk through...the timing worked out, but we were a little worried. My mom and dad's cousin, Randy came up to help too. With that many hands, we got moved out of the apartment and the storage unit within 5 hours! The guys worked really hard! I thought Myles and Mitch were going to kill us when they finished with the apartment and then took them to the PACKED storage unit! TOO FUNNY! The only hiccup we came across was that MediaCom showed up and then decided they couldn't provide service to our house! I was not happy!! We had no internet or cable! WHAT TO DO? :) Also, we didn't have any window coverings, so the 5:30 am sunrises worked well as an alarm clock!
Saturday we did a lot of unpacking and organizing. Dean, Donna, Leon, Cailin and I went to the country club to have supper. Cailin was a big fan of the place mats!
Sunday was Father's Day...after brunch, Dean and Donna headed home.
Monday Leon left for a conference....luckily for me, Nicole and Mom came up Tuesday night to stay with me until Friday!! While they were here we unpacked ALL the boxes! We also had a little fun!! :)
Friday Leon's sister Lisa and her boyfriend John came to visit! Leon got home Friday night. And Saturday I headed to our all class reunion.
Sunday I spent about 5 hours cleaning our apartment...YUCK....they had a very extensive check list--but it was worth it--we got our deposit back!
It was a crazy couple of weeks, but we made it through!

No comments:

Post a Comment