Thursday, September 2, 2010

Welcome to your life....10 years from now....

Funny story, the other day around 5 pm there was a knock on our front door. Cailin had just woke up and was playing on the floor....I was trying to get some work done on the computer and Murphy was playing 'guard dog' by barking at the door! I opened the door and, of course, Murphy runs out and sniffs the shoes of our visitor. Well, seems as if the Brookings High School football team is selling some sort of coupon cards. I thought everyone in Brookings knew that I NEVER have cash on me. So, I tell the young man, "oh, I don't have any cash and my husband isn't home yet", his responses is, "well, we can take a check"! Very good then.......let me get my checkbook! I ask the young man in, in hopes that Murphy would get in the house. I grab the checks and turn around....noticing Murphy didn't follow the athlete in the house. So, I go outside, "Murphy, Murphy" no dog. When I look around the corner I see the garage door is open, Leon is home. Of course I now think two things, either Murphy ran down the street and I am going to be that crazy lady, chasing a crazy dog OR that Leon has ran over our dog! "Murphy, Murphy"..... Murphy comes running out of the garage. I turn around to see the poor guy, who simply wants $10.00 from me, looking at the doorway---yep you guessed it, here comes my 9 month old, crawling outside to see the action! He didn't know what to do! I grab Cailin and snuggle her on my left hip, finally open up the checkbook (now Leon is really interested in what's going on!), put my left foot on our adirondack chair and wrote the check on my knee. At this point Murphy is STILL running around and now the football team seems to be trying to tackle him and laughing at our 'rabbit' dog, leaping through our yard, avoiding anyone!
I hand the poor young man his check and say, " Welcome to your life - 10 years from now!" Leon added....."maybe longer!"

No comments:

Post a Comment