Monday, August 30, 2010

Job...

Well, I found out that I got a job at the university. I will be working with the Provost's Office on some events (ie. Graduation) and also doing some scheduling/facility management in the SDSU Performing Arts Center. This is a new job for SDSU, so the details are developing, probably will be all year. It's a great opportunity for me to work within my experience and skill set! I starting Sept 7, working part-time (mornings), then moving to full-time on Oct.1.
I have been looking for daycare for Cailin. We found out a football coach's wife, Brandy, is opening a daycare. She is really great, with three kids of her own. One, Isla, is only 2 weeks older then Cailin. They are the same size and look like they could be sisters! It was great to see them playing together!

I am really excited to get back to work, but of course, it is going to be very difficult to leave Cailin! I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to be home with her for so long....but it's probably time for both of us to get a little 'outside' socialization. She's such a great baby - she'll be great at daycare!

We are having a little 'dry run' tomorrow morning. I have an 8 am meeting with the Provost and I am taking Cailin to Brandy's for a couple hours. I am not at all nervous about Cailin being at Brandy's, I am most nervous about being UP, READY and AT the office by 8 am!! YIKES!! That'll be a change for me! hee, hee!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Good luck with the "practice" day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Heather! Sounds like the perfect job for you...and aren't you glad you hung out with us artsy people for a while!

    ReplyDelete