Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Prep!

We are pretty excited for Christmas this year!  There is much to celebrate....we just wish we were able to spend more time with our families!
We (Leon, Heather and Cailin) went shopping last weekend.  And when I say weekend I mean BOTH Saturday AND Sunday!  We actually had a pretty good time.  There were a lot of people in Sioux Falls, but we accomplished what we needed to.
Yesterday, I was able to stay home with Cailin, as her daycare closed due to pink eye.  I loved every minute of staying home with her!  So much fun, especially since we got about 7 inches of snow!  I had thought, 'I'll stay home and get some work done while I am watching her'.  What was I thinking!  I was thinking I had stayed home with her for 9 months, I know what it's like.....well, TOTAL different ball game now!  :)  It is amazing how big of a disaster we made in the house.  First in the kitchen with breakfast, lunch and dinner - then in the rest of the house!  Cailin loves to carry random items around and then drop them for the next best thing.  I haven't yet locked up the kitchen cabinets, so far there is one thing in each cabinet she is allowed to play with, ie:  cutting board, pizza pans, cookie cutters, tupperware, plastic (pampered chef) pot.  She knows where they are and how to get them.  Problem being they end up everywhere - cutting board in the living room, cookie cutters in the bed rooms, pizza pans by the front door!  :)  It's kinda funny!  hee hee!
The highlight of my day was shoveling, well, not exactly the shoveling part, but the part where my neighbor brought over his SNOW BLOWER!!  YEA!!  I'm not sure what is an appropriate 'Thank You' gift for him, but we need to get him something!  My husband has been procrastinating his purchase of a snow blower....money well spent if you ask me.  Plus, I can't wait to see him use it! :)

I don't think I know much else! We are excited for a break from work and can't wait to see our families! Here are  some Cailin pictures!



 
Cailin at her stocking.  Luckily she isn't much taller or she could see that Santa came a little early!
 
She loves bells!  Grandma Donna started the fixation, we continued it at our house.


This ornament say Cailin on it!  She's checking it out!



This was my chair when I was little, Mom had it re-upolstered.  Cailin will grab a book and sit there!  It's TOO cute!
No presents under the tree, they are downstairs in a bed room.  Not because Cailin bothers them, but instead because our dog likes to 'open/destroy' them.  Learned that the hard way.! He's such a good dog, just curious!

If you look closely, you will see Grandma Barb in the ornament!  We ask her where Grandma is and seems to know!  :)
She can also find the Mickey Mouse ornament and and ornament with her Mom and Dad in it!  She points to Dad, when I ask where Mom is she just looks at me like I am crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment