I woke up today, with the nagging feeling of just purely NOT wanting to go to work! I spent more time this morning trying not to wear dress clothes to work... ugh.
I was actually most excited about going to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned and watching my neighbor's boy after work. I finally made it through the day...trust me it was tough!!
Enter: Cailin (15 month old girl) and Henry (17 month old boy). Note: Leon (husband) is gone for the evening. Add: Murphy (a Shih Tzu dog).
What a FUN night! It was so worth a having a slow day! I hadn't spent much time with Henry until tonight, he is such a sweetie!! Cailin and Henry spent most of the night just looking at each other. :) I tried to get a picture of the two of them, but we all know how helpful Cailin is at staying for a picture!
Henry had a small adjustment, as we don't have many 'boy' toys! He seemed to make due, and above he found a phone, probably to call his parents! ;)
We had so much fun playing, but then it was time for bed. Cailin was the first to go down. We did our normal routine, well, as normal as we could with a 17 month old running after a dog. I really thought she wouldn't have a problem. We read the book and she laughed at Henry, then I laid her in her crib.....and she was like, "oh no, I don't think so. I know Henry is still out there!". Then the tears and crying came. I did what any good parent/babysitter would do. Got her out of her crib and sat the three of us in front of the TV to watch Baby Einstein. Not sure if Henry watches much TV, I know Cailin doesn't, but it worked. Both of them sat still for about 10 minutes, I put Henry in his PJ's, read him a 'tractor' book and put him in the pack and play. Oh wait, that didn't work either. CRYING!! :( At this point I was certain I was in over my head. How to get them both to sleep.?...then I thought, my mom (mother of twins) did this every night! Meanwhile Cailin walks in the room saying 'baby' and hands me Henry's sippy cup. Then leaves to come back with his snack container. I was rocking him on the floor (until my arm was about ready to fall off), so now he is up and I decide to put Cailin down. God willing, she actually fell asleep! Henry and I are now laying on the floor staring up at the nightlight on the ceiling and listening to soothing music. After about 15 minutes he is asleep! YAY!! I did it! Well, kinda, he is still sleeping on the floor - I didn't want to risk waking him up! :) Have to admit, it was a pretty fun Friday night for this 32 year old! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment