Saturday, April 17, 2010

Milestones

(I've been working on this post since Saturday!)

A birthday, 5 months old, a haircut, going from back to front and crazy sleep!

It has been a GREAT last couple days for the Costellos.

My niece celebrated her 5th birthday on April 14th! I can't believe she is FIVE! I got to talk to her on Skype the morning of her birthday...she was SO cute, dressed in her "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY" t-shirt and her tutu skirt! She was on her way to dance class, then off to Red Robin.....yum! Sounds like a great birthday to me! Oh, AND she got to spend the day with BOTH Mom and Dad! Dad was lucky to have the day off from practice! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE! (I would post a cute picture, but my bro told me he hasn't signed a wavier yet for my blog! ;) )
Murphy got a haircut on Friday, and boy did he get it cut!! It was way too long and it took me awhile to get him into a groomer in Brookings...he was pretty matted and knotted up....so she cut it pretty short!! Its the shortest its ever been!


Saturday Cailin was 5 months old!! That is just CRAZY! We are loving this stage, she is starting to interact a lot more. She will just stare at you when you talk or laugh, like she is figuring it all out! She's come a long way since the incubator in the NICU. She loves her feet, putting everything in her mouth, drooling, smiling, talking and pinching my arm!

AND.....Saturday she rolled from her back to her belly!! Both Leon and I saw it-she rolled toward Leon!! She's been working on it pretty hard. I guess we are pretty lucky that she seems to have forgotten how to roll back to her back! Otherwise she would be on the MOVE! Here's a video, I got it on our first take! ;)


Cailin is sleeping about 11 hours a night.....it is remarkable! We haven't started on cereal yet. Since she is sleeping so good we decided to wait a little bit! I did buy some cereal, spoons and bowls the other day.....-k- I'll admit it....I don't know what I'm doing!! I probably need to read up a little, my target date is 2nd week in May. I am a goofball!! Same goes with switching from pumping to formula.....just not sure how!!! hee, hee!!

We are really close to finding a house! We are, hopefully, going out again tonight, we might even put in an offer! We'll see! Will let you know soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great videos sister! It is so much fun to watch Cailin roll over and hear her laugh! And Murphy...he is so sweet. I like his hair cut, but I bet he is softer with it a little longer! Gotta stand up for Phil and say that Cailin should have a Cards outfit on!! heehee!! ;) Sorry Leon!!! :)

    No rules with Cailin...you keep doing what you think is best for her! You and Leon are great parents, just follow your mommy instinct.

    Can't wait to see the new Costello pad! Good luck with the house search!!! Hope things went good tonight and you're able to narrow it down.

    Love you!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace kept asking to watch the videos over and over again. I have signed and sent the waiver so feel free.

    ReplyDelete