Wednesday, April 14, 2010

ARKANSAS!!!

WOW, not sure where to start! I was trying to figure out how to post from my phone, but I don't think I can.

Well, Cailin and I just got back from our Arkansas trip! Last Wednesday night we went to Akron to stay at Mom's. Thursday morning we went to Marlys' house and loaded up her car for the trip! Marlys is a friend of our family, also, her husband is my dad's cousin - so that makes her family, whether she likes it or not! :)

We were VERY excited to get to Nicole's house! It was about 7 hours in the car. Cailin did great! She pretty much stayed on her schedule.
Travis was the first to get her out of her car seat and give her the bottle.

Friday, Nicole and I got to meet up with some friends from high school!! We haven't seen Holly for 12 years! We met Holly when we were about 5 years old! She lived on the block next to ours....we spent hours playing with her and her sister, Abby. Holly now lives in Colorado Springs and Abby lives just north of Fayetteville, in Springdale, AR. It just so happened Holly and her family were visiting Abby!

Saturday was the Arkansas track meet! Nicole headed up to Iowa City for her friend's bachelorette party, so it was Mom, Cailin, Marlys and I to the track! We put on our Razorback apparel and headed to see the running, jumping and throwing!

Sunday was a pretty lazy day! We sat on Nicole's patio. She got back to town around 2:00 pm. We went out to the house they bought and are fixing up! It is looking great! Their view is spectacular!!


We also went out to an Italian restaurant for supper.
Monday was our shopping day!! Cailin had a special shirt for her day! Aunt Nicole bought that shirt ("Auties shopping buddy")for Cailin, before we knew she was a baby girl!! Auntie intuition!


Tuesday morning, we headed back up to Akron. We stayed the night with Mom, then today drove back up to Brookings! It is good to be home, but we miss Nicole and Travis!! Can't wait to see them again!

While Cailin and I were traveling down to Arkansas, Leon and Murphy made a trip back to Fairbank/Cedar Falls! Saturday he had his fantasy baseball draft! He also had a great supper at Leo's with his Mom and Dean. Sunday, Myles and Lisa both stopped by.

Sorry about such a long post....one last picture, just cause I think it's cute!

1 comment:

  1. We had such a great time with you all here!! I just wish you could stay forever! Great pictures! Travis and I were talking about you and Cailin and we both agreed that the worlds best baby has the worlds best mommy!!! Travis was so happy Cailin liked him!! :). We love you! Thanks again for making the trip!!

    ReplyDelete